As the world faces an unprecedented health crisis, what impact is the Covid-19 pandemic having on people’s lives and personal finances? And what is their perception of their national government’s response?
Over the past three days, we talked with 7,000 people in the G7 nations to provide you with the latest insights on how society is perceiving and reacting in this period of uncertainty.
Launching this week, our G7 public opinion study of the coronavirus impact is the first to look at how citizens view their government’s actions. It asks people from across society about:
• Their perception of government communications about coronavirus;
• Their view of the ability of their country’s public services to cope with the pandemic;
• The perceived effectiveness of their government’s interventions to contain the virus;
• The impact of the pandemic on their personal and household finances;
• Their personal behaviour changes in response to the virus;
• Their most trusted information source
Dr Michelle Harrison, Global CEO for Kantar’s Public Division, shares the findings from our G7 study on the social impact of Covid-19. crisis.